Amy Chua, a bestselling author and a professor at Yale Law School, will give some insights on success factors at Nordic Business Forum 2016.
Chua is a previous Wall Street lawyer, who in 1994 entered academics at Duke Law School. Seven years later she continued her teaching career at Yale Law School, where she now is the John M. Duff. Jr. Professor of Law. At Yale Chua’s areas of expertise are contracts, law and development, international business transactions, and law and globalization.
Besides her career as a teacher, Chua is also a successful writer. Already her first book, ‘World on Fire: How exporting Free Market Democracy Breeds Ethnic Hatred and Global Instability’ was a New York Times bestseller.
However, especially to the American public, Chua is known as the “Tiger mom” due to her memoir ‘Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother’. Chua explains the book to be a diary, which was actually not supposed to be published in the beginning, but turned out to become an international bestseller. In her memoir, she reflects the cultural differences in parenting especially between the strict Asian and the permissive Western styles.
In 2011, when ‘Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother’ was released, Chua was included in the Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people, Atlantic Monthly’s Brave Thinkers and Foreign Policy’s Global Thinkers. In addition, Chua has received the Yale Law School’s ‘Best Teaching’ award.
Her latest book ‘The Triple Package: What Really Determines Success’ also hit the New York Times bestseller list. It argues that due to three specific qualities, referred to as ‘the Triple Package’, some groups outperform others. The book is coauthored with her husband and fellow Yale Law Professor Jed Rubenfeld.
At Nordic Business Forum 2016, Chua will speak under the theme of culture on the triple package theory.
Top picks from the speaker:
- If you are fascinated by the notion of success, you should read Amy Chua’s latest book ‘The Triple Package: What Really Determines Success’, where she presents three factors that make some groups perform better than others.
- To get into ‘The Triple Package’ idea, you can watch this clip, where Chua shortly explains the idea behind the concept.
- We will also publish an interview with Chua in Nordic Business Report later. Thus, stay tuned!
More on Amy Chua:
- On Twitter: @amychua
- Website: http://amychua.com/
- Bio: http://nbfold-office.studio.meom.fi/nbf2016/speakers/amy-chua/#main
Or if you want to join us for to the sold out live event in Helsinki, sign up for the waiting list and we will contact you if any seats free up »